However, my concern is not with our calendar having a Full Moon appear every 29.5 days or the rare occasion of a Blue Moon. I wish to address our next Full Moon on November 4 of 2017.
Over the years I have saved a great deal of money by using the October or November Full Moon as a reminder for the following actions around my house. Actions that save money, energy, earth, and our health:
- Check and/or change all batteries in Smoke Detectors and Co alarms.
- Change all timers on lights inside and outside the house.
- Clean out all rain gutters.
- Bring in all house plants and summer time decor.***
- Drain all outdoor garden hoses, rain barrels, and clear off all drains.***
- Shut off all water supplies to the outside and drain spigots.***
- Blow out Low Flow watering and/or underground sprinklers.
- Clean out, shut down, and cover AC units.***
- Bring in or cover patio furniture.***
- Gas Grills and Tanks should be cleaned, checked and serviced whenever they are scheduled for such service. Do Not bring Gas Tanks inside anywhere!
- Oil heating units should be serviced and have a Steady State of Efficiency Test done. More info at our EnergyHotwire website: Click HERE
So each Fall Season when you see the Full Moon, use this as a reminder that summertime is over and "Check Ups" are needed around the house. Also this is the best time to "button up" your outdoor areas, for the winter will arrive.
Bill Lauto, at GoingTrueGreen.com
International Sustainability and Energy Consultant
Contribute your comments!