Paper towels avoid the smell, but are a huge waste. A waste of money, trees and the infrastructure needed to manufacturer them. I tried various alternatives over the years, but I have yet to find a better way. Perhaps now I have received a better way…
Susan, a close friend and colleague, saw these Eco-Friendly Swedish Dishcloths in New York City when visiting on business. Knowing that I would love to test them out, she bought some as a gift for me.
The breakdown on this Eco-Friendly Dishcloth design is below:
- These cleaning cloths can be used in the Kitchen, Bathroom, Workshop and all around the house.
- They replace sponges, paper towels and “cheese cloths”.
- They are made of 70% FSC-certified cellulose and 30% cotton.
- Very absorbent and virtually streak free.
- Dishwasher (top rack) safe, washing machine safe or boil clean.
- 100% Biodegradable and Compostable!
- Can be used with soaps, spray cleaners or just water.
- Each cloth is washable for over 200 times and is bleach safe. Just “air” dry.
- Each cloth replaces about 17 rolls of paper towels and lasts over nine months.
- They come in plain colors or with any design from dozens of choices.
So the testing has started and I will report back in a future Going True Green blog post. So far so good, and if anyone else can provide me with input on their experiences, please comment below or email us at GoingTrueGreen.com. Thank you!
Bill Lauto, at GoingTrueGreen.com
International Sustainability and Energy Consultant
Contribute your comments!
Use this LINK to see testing results and report card...