Topic related GTG Video at our Youtube Channel
Reel mowers are the way to go, but all Reel mowers are not the same. However, today’s Reel mowers are not anything like your great uncle’s lawn mower.
They are much lighter and easier to push as well as to maintain. One stands out above the others: Consumer Reports recommended this model over other Reel mowers and Popular Mechanic presented this model with the 2010 Green Design Award. You can look up this model in Popular Mechanic and compare other models yourself.
- Grass clippings are thrown to the front and not on your feet
- Optional grass catcher is available
- Adjustable heights
- Adjustable handle bars
- Front wheels inside the cut zone
- 18 inch cut zone
- Gear Drive to increase speed of cutting action
- Blades continue to spin by an edge or curb even after you stopped
- 5 non-sharp steel blades that cut with a scissor action
- Blades don’t need to be sharpened
- Longest warranty that I could find
Take time to think about having less lawn and more garden areas. Garden areas that include flowers, trees, stones, vegetables, fruits and a compost. All this will save you more money and help you get a little closer to true green.
Another part of the complete picture is pollution. EPA states that a standard lawn mower can put out as much pollution as a current car driving almost half a million miles.
Bill Lauto, GTG
Please remember to Follow my blog with the RSS Feed on the right and
suscribe to my Youtube Channel